Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend with the Grandparents

Last weekend Patrick and I drove out to Snowshoe, WV to go skiing for my birthday.  Even though my longtime skiier friend Amber says you can teach kids to ski as soon as they can walk, we decided to do a weekend away with just the two of us.  While it is always hard to be away from your child for a few nights, there is really nowhere else Finn would want to be than with his grandparents.  I dropped him off Wednesday night and we picked him up on Sunday afternoon, so last Saturday was spent with them.

My parents' house is a home away from home for Finn and he always has a fantastic time destroying rearranging their cabinets.  My mom pulled a lot of my old toys out of the attic, so Finn gets to play with vintage Little People.  Though he'd rather chase the cat these days.

They ate at his favorite places which include Panera (mac & cheese) and Cracker Barrel (mac & cheese).  They took walks when it wasn't raining and in my parents' neighborhood you are always guaranteed to see at least one dog out.  I suggested my mom take him to Barnes & Noble to play with the train table on rainy days, so he had fun doing that.  They also spent a morning at the Virginia Aquarium where Finn was a hit at the stingray touch tank.

Until the Navy eventually sends us out of Virginia, Finn gets nearly unlimited time with his grandparents which is wonderful for everyone.  I'm waiting for their reaction the day he asks for a pony.

Patrick and Me at Snowshoe.  Notice the lack of snow in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment